Sunday, April 01, 2007

Revelation Song

I hope you enjoyed this morning's worship service as much as I did. For me, it was really special hearing so much of eschatology at the center of the worship service, after all the time I've spent studying and teaching the topic. I was moved throughout the whole service, but it was mainly joy upon joy.

I wanted to hear any thoughts you had regarding how the worship connected with our study together.

EPIC class (Singles): I'm especially interested in how you reacted to the musical since you just completed the study with me on eschatology. Was it a richer experience because of our study together?

Tyndale class (60's +): Did it make you more intereted in our study together over the next several weeks? Did it raise questions.

When you answer, please consider identifying which class you belong to since we may have a mix of the two classes answering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an "EPIC-er," I loved yesterday's service. I really think God has opened my eyes (and is continuing to open) to the hope of Heaven. I feel like I am beginning to weigh what comes up in my life on a daily basis (situations, coversations, trials, etc.) to the reality of the amazingness of Heaven. I catch my self dreaming and therefore being filled with joy of what is to come.

As Drake was speaking of what heaven would be like, my first thought was "Wow!" and then I thought, "Where is Lee? I bet he is loving this!"

CGouge said...

Lee,
I really liked the service and your teachings on heaven. One thing we were discussing over dinner last night is the realities of hell. You did such a great job getting us to think about heaven. Are there any books or scriptures that you would suggest we pick up on hell? I also am really curious to get an accurate picture of a reformed view. Is there a cliff notes version of this?

Lee said...

Cooper: Monte Starkes says, "These 4 books all come from a Biblical perspective of a literal hell:"

“Wrath of Almighty God” by Jonathan Edwards

“Hell Under Fire” by Christopher Morgan

“Two Views on Hell” and “Hell on Trial” by Robert Peterson