Sunday, December 05, 2010

Enduring well

One of my favorite things about teaching Sunday School is when I learn from my students. That happened again this morning as I taught Revelation 12-14. I wasn't planning any emphasis on the passage's statements about endurance in the face of evil. As we read the passages, I could tell some people were connecting with Jesus' admonitions to endure and persevere. Toward the end of the lesson, someone brought out the call to endurance, and several people nodded their heads.

On this section of the Prezi for Revelation 12-14, I used to have the caption saying, Evil is real. Expect persecution. Now, thanks to my current students, in the future I'll focus on Evil is real. Expect Persecution. Endure well. It was a good word to me as well, and actually a timely one. I've faced evil this week in my life in a way I never have before, and Jesus' words to me to endure are encouraging me even now.

No comments: